Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Hello Moto

8K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  TBTattoo 
#1 · (Edited)
Got my MCS2000 installed and am very happy. Been listening to calls all day about old people falling down. Using a 3rd party RIB and cable and moto CPS for now, will get it on the station system later. I want to get the station system and more from around the state so if anyone has any lists that would be great info (a codeplug would be immensely appreciated too:yes:). Anyways, here's pics.

So this is kinda interesting, I didn't pay any attention at all to how close it would be to the door and finally looked at it with the door closed later and a great big "OH ****" went through my mind. It is fine, but ask yourself how close can two things possibly get without touching each other, and that's how close the radio mount is to the door.

That bulge in the seat is the monitor speaker stuffed under the seat cover. It's the only real place I could think of on short notice to put it and still hear it. Surprisingly it doesn't get in the way and sounds about as clear as a public service analog mobile can sound.

Drilled my first holes in my car today. Was kinda nervous at first but then it was kinda liberating afterward... And YES the screen plastic is still on the faceplate. This radio was in the ORIGINAL PACKAGING when I got it (shipping label on the box dated 2001) and I am waiting for some sort of antiglare protector before I ruin yet another shiny surface.

Any questions?

See less See more
#2 ·
very nice...in my dads undercover crown vic he has his speaker on the pass side tucked up over the pass's right foot...not much up there on our trucks either just run the wire across under the radio the piece comes unscrewed :m2:

#7 ·
Oddly enough, even though I'm 6'6" tall, I don't hit the radio at all with my legs. That really surprised me and made me pretty darn happy. As for the antenna, the connector is meant for drilling a hole in the roof so it has a gripped lip and then a double threaded bolt on top of that to seal it, I simply took it and rotated the lip. I am pretty confident that antenna will sit there a while, at least until I get my roof rack, then I'll put my 4' on.

One thing I overlooked when I bought the radio is that it doesn't support trunking :eek:. Now that kinda figures since the band split is 136-174@25W but the more populated areas of Oregon are phasing out conventional radio operation for the more capable trunked 800 systems. Oh well, looks like another radio may be in the future somewhere. (not that I really care since I got this one for about 300USD :D)

#8 ·
have my speaker mounted on my "B" post next to my head. My wife loves this cause that means she doesnt have to hear all the tones go out cause i am used to having it low enough she cant hear but i can hear everything that is being said...if i can remeber i will try to post a pic of this. i think there is a ham on the board that had the same idea.

#13 ·
That was purely a coincidence. That book has nothing to do with public service radio, at all (I have read it, yes). It was simply handy at the time to put my big bulky alienware laptop on so I wouldn't chop my touchscreen...

I am looking into getting my ham tho, for no other reason than to have it.

#15 ·
CB Antenna best location to install with out drilling?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and saw some great ideas on locations for a CB radio so was just curious as to where i should put my Magnetic base antenna and how to run the cable for the most potential signal? Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.