Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Driver's door window switches

21K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TB-Al 
#1 ·
I'm having a problem with my window switches in my driver's door in my '04 Envoy. The window switches in the driver's door are not working any of the windows, but when I use the other switches in the other doors those windows work. Also, my door lock button and window lock button on the driver's door are working. I have no clue what is going on or how to fix it, and I really don't want to spend $300 on a new master switch. Can anyone help me?

#2 ·
it sounds like it might be the master switch (module).. if possible, through the connections, are you able to swap out the driver module with the passanger module just to see if the windows will work?.. i read on here the other day that a member tried that to prove that his window switch/module was at fault...

GL :tiphat

#3 · (Edited)
Wow! I just had this problem yesterday, did a ton of research, then ended up fixing it for free (and maybe by mistake :) )

My problem was the driver door switches didn't work (none of them) but the other doors did, my aftermarket radio w/ GMOS-01 didn't work (it got 12V constant but not ACC power b/c the red LED was blinking), and the dome lights were on as if the driver door was constantly open, although the DIC didn't say "Driver Door Open". The door locks also worked.

I read that someone got stuck this way with his window down and used the passenger side module to roll it up. Since that means the plugs are interchangeable, I plugged in the driver door switch module into the passenger side (which was working before) to see if my door module was bad, and the driver switches DID control the car from the passenger side. This meant my module was good! I went to plug it back in and continue troubleshooting, but upon plugging it back in, the switches worked again. Now, everything worked except the radio. I unplugged the GMOS box then plugged it back in (since it fixed the driver door switches) - and it fixed the radio too.

I don't know what in the world caused the problem, but unhooking all the plugs (maybe waiting a few mins) then plugging it back in worked for me. If it doesn't for you, then other problem points could be a fuse or the wires being pinched in the doorjam.

Good luck!

#8 ·
hello....before u go out and spend a bunch of coin try this...i had this happen to me just today! i was changing out my stock door speakers,which requires the unhooking of all door switches and when i went to hook everything back up my windows didnt roll down....i tried and tried and everything was hooked up correctly...so i tried again...still nothing! so i tried hooking up all the door switches,except the master...then hooked up the master turned the tb on and all worked fine! i think it has something to do with the order u hook the switches back up after u unhook them,it seems like the master has to be the last one hooked up,or so it was in my case.....maybe you just had a bad contact or something...hope this helps.

#9 ·
Old thread but I just had my driver's door module burn a hole in the module. Luckily it didn't set the truck on fire as some have. GM has an unlimited time and mileage "Special Extended Coverage #11323" to replace the DDM on any 2006-2007. Mine had the #12180 recall done in 2013 but not the second fix in 2015 that #11323 covers. Had it done at a dealer yesterday on an over 11 year old TB with 125K miles and there was no charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.