Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Roof motor needs replacing

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EnvoyBoy2004 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2004 envoy xuv for my 2 sons. Roof got stuck open, bad motor. Called GMC, discontinued part. Advised to find aftermarket replacement. I don't know where to look. My husband and sons have hit up all salvage yards around. We are tempted to buy a salvaged vehicle, but of course transporting it home would be an issue. If anyone has an idea of where I can find one I'd appreciate the help. I've googled the part number, sliding roof, and power roof with no luck. Ebay and Amazon don't have any listed. Thanks! (I've posted in another thread)

#2 ·
Sorry no one has chimed in, for you as well as myself.

Seems as though the new-to-XUV folks, like you and I, get to find out the hard way. Dealers out of parts and since it wasn't mass-produced we poor souls learn parts are just not available. Even on eBay and wrecking yards.

Haven't figured out how to move the roof to closed in order to even test the tailgate glass, bought it in the full DOWN position. Roof in 80% closed position.

I too have been flat out unable to find the roof motor, nor the tailgate regulator & motor. It takes a Tech II scan tool (very spendy) to even troubleshoot.

I AM LOOKING FOR ANY HELP TO MANUALLY MOVE INTO CLOSED ROOF POSITION and have found NOTHING. I just want to see if my tailgate window will go up once ROOF is forced closed some how before I take my sawsall to the back and convert it to a full time truck bed.:duh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.