Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Cruise control

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  princej99 
#1 ·
2002 Chevy trailblazer Ltz model
Having a hard time to get cruise control to even come on, checked all fuses still can’t seem to get it to work

#4 ·
Mine was also the control stalk. If yours works intermittently then it is very likely that switch. There are some good videos on YouTube for replacement and it isn't terribly expensive. The only tip I have if you replace it is to put the top screw in just as little as possible so that you have maximum adjustment slack until you get the bottom screw started. You'll know what I mean when you start putting it back together. I probably spent half an hour before I figured that out and 15 seconds after I did.;)

#5 ·
its too bad, there no test to see if the control stalk for sure.

as I haven't replaced my stalk as of yet. was told by gm dealer i bought truck from that was the problem. but considering they broke the horn in steering wheel when they replaced the stabilitrak steering wheel sensor(Donut) . my confidence in them as been shaken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.