Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Automotive Carpet Cleaners

8K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  point0fs 
#1 ·
Anyone found a store bought carpet cleaner spray/foam that works better than others for dark and light carpeting? Looking for something that works good for getting out coffee stains and oil/grease stains.

#2 ·
You can use rubbing alcohol and a product called purple cleaner made by Zep. You can pick up the alcohol at any store and the purple cleaner you can get at Home Depot. These are two products my company uses to clean carpets in cars every day.

#8 ·
I worked at a detailing shop a long time ago, and we used mineral spirits first to get oil & grease out of the carpeting/seats/ etc, then used a regular carpet cleaning spray to remove that...worked very well.

#12 ·
I've used some of the foams which seem to work okay, what I prefer most is hauling my household carpet cleaner out to the garage - it has an attachment on it for doing small areas/etc that is excellent for vehicles. It does a really really deep clean. Might be something to think about! Here is a page about using it on one of my past cars.

#16 ·
Does this stuff work on bad stains from perhaps dogs or something? I bought my '05 TB with lots of stains on the carpet, most of which I think came from a dog perhaps. I cover them up with rubber floormats but I would like to try taking them out with something. I've been seeing blue coral and tuff stuff. Anyone else have an suggestions?

:thx:thx

#17 ·
Go to home depot and get Folex

First vacuum the carpet really good, force the vacuum into the carpet.

Mist Folex on all the carpet, then work in sections. Spray the Folex and use a stiff brush. Agitate the carpet really good, then grab a clean rag and pound on top over the stain. Then roll the rag and scrub the stain with the rag. If you see nasty crap coming off, repeat folix till it comes clean.

If you have dog hair, you can use a lint roller or some kind of tape to lift the hair

#18 ·
The Best I Have Seen

I had several bad stains from previous owner. I mean bad. Tried 6 different methods of cleaning including a steam cleaner, but none worked Then tried Duplicolor fabric and vinyl spray. Fortunately the color matched. The stain vanished; I mean disappeared. Best product I have used in a long time.
:tiphat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.