Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Light bar???

16K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  danlaufer35 
#1 ·
I am looking in to getting a light bar for my tb. I was just wondering what size and problems if any have happened with anyone. Mounts available for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#2 ·
My first post! I've been lurking around for about 6 weeks now fixing up a 05 Trailblazer my brother gave me. Thank you all, and MarkMC, i will be in touch soon. Did you ever figure out the light bar dilemma? I am considering some smaller bars behind the grill above or below the bow tie and some form of bracket there. Single row bar would be very slim and would still allow for proper cooling even here in Texas. Anyone ever considered removing the luggage rack from the roof?

#10 ·
I couldn’t find any brackets when I got mine or anything that was close so I just bolted mine into the roof. Drilled holes through the roof, tapped threads in to match the bolts I have, then packed the hole and the bolt threads full of weatherstrip adhesive, as well as put it all on the underside of the basic mount the light bar came with. 1 year and several car washes later, absolutely no leaks. I went with a cheap 48” curved light bar off of eBay (solid white and solid orange, strobes both colors individually and flashes between the 2 colors as well) and have about 2” of room on each side. You could probably fit a 50” curved, but don’t drill through your roof unless you plan on using a ton of that weatherstrip adhesive to prevent leaks.

Also put a bull bar with 2 7” light pods on, LED low and high beams and LED fog lights. Possibly the brightest envoy out there!!

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

I only needed those two 6-LED units and they are more than sufficient. They pick out deer and elk eyes very nicely and that's what I really needed them for.

But in the snow they are pure --- almost to a painful --- white --- while the ambers see motion better than white light.

The ambers run with the DRLs --- and the LEDs are on the RUNNING LIGHT SWITCH on the lighting module.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

On my K5 I have some 750 Watt Hi-Pressure Tungsten lights that are very bothersome in driving rain or snow as the light comes from too high and just makes you very dizzy.

This is before my 1956 Case Flambeau Red paint job .....

That's why I tend to mount all my lighting lower and certainly not on the roof (again).