Repairing the clockspring. Ick. - Page 4 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Audio and Electronics

Audio and Electronics Discuss car audio, video, navigation, alarms, and other electronics here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:14 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Oh I forgot..

I was a bit nervous about the air bag going off when I was done..

So I didn't tell my wife why, but had her sit in the driver seat and turn the key to "on" while I 'checked' stuff from outside of the vehicle...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 11:31 AM

My clockspring was also bad and when i put it together it kept saying that I had low resistance and this was very frustrating!
It turned out to be the pins that the clock spring plugs into and if you look closely there is a little copper flap that grounds the 2 pins and it was staying grounded while plugged in. it should read around 2.4 ohms. Hope this helps!
Old 01-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Lurking Newbie

2006 SAAB 9-7x
Steel Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
Thumbs up Clock Spring

So I've got a 2006 saab 9-7x v6 and the clock spring went bad after they replaced my front boot. No doubt the guy turned the steering wheel and bam no more horn, airbag, or radio controls.

I'm having an impossible time finding a new clockspring with the part numbers listed. Does anyone know if the clockspring(s) for the 2006 trailblazer/envoy/reiner will fit for the saab 97x?

any help would be huge!

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2016, 04:17 AM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie View Post
End of cables prepared by using Dremel with sandpaper flapwheel to remove plastic coating but leave the copper conductors.

Conductors tinned and connectors prepared and arranged nearby. Flex cable substrate is extremely sensitive to heat - have to solder quickly and get off .

Jump wires added. Whew. This was the crappy part. Needed my magnifying binocular hood, since I'm no longer at the job with access to microelectronic soldering stations.

Full CCW test

Full CW test

Full CCW to CW is six 360 degree rotations. Three each way from centered. Rack and pinion steering gear required only TWO rotations each way from centered.

Cover on

Surgical field

I ohmed all the pins out, did a test run of the connectors plugged in with the steering wheel off, worked fine, put it all back together, and voila! Saved $180.
I just want to say thank you so much for your info I tried everything to figure out why my steering wheel buttons didn't work to checking the two amp fuse in the steering wheel and was about to replace a airbag sensors because my airbag light was on man thanks
Old 08-10-2018, 01:26 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Summit White 4.2L I6 AWD
thanks a lot man

you are the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in