If you had the 2002-2004 Gas Tank Recall... - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
If you had the 2002-2004 Gas Tank Recall...

I just noticed today that my gas tank is leaking just like the several pictures in the other posts about this topic. I have a 2004 Trailblazer EXT with only 62K miles. I have searched through many of the post but have not find an answer yet. I found in another post that only a certain range of VIN numbers are affected by the problem, I am not sure how recent this info is. My question is has anyone had their gas tank replaced under the special coverage warranty that did not have their VIN number in the range listed? My VIN is just outside of the VIN number range posted in here:

https://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost....&postcount=341
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
2002-2004 gas tank/fuel line leaks-hidden recall

I have a copy of a bulletin from September 2008 (#07076) stating that TBs in certain states in the northeast were covered for replacement of fuel line leaks where the lines enter the gas tank (fuel tank reservoir assembly). No mention of covered VIN numbers, only about 20 states in the northeast, I assume because of road salt. Sorry, but CA is not on the list.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 AM

Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I actually got GM to replace the tank for free even though I was outside the VIN range. You have to love that about Chevy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevans17 View Post
I have a copy of a bulletin from September 2008 (#07076) stating that TBs in certain states in the northeast were covered for replacement of fuel line leaks where the lines enter the gas tank (fuel tank reservoir assembly). No mention of covered VIN numbers, only about 20 states in the northeast, I assume because of road salt. Sorry, but CA is not on the list.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Carbon Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
How did you get them to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw80 View Post
I just noticed today that my gas tank is leaking just like the several pictures in the other posts about this topic. I have a 2004 Trailblazer EXT with only 62K miles. I have searched through many of the post but have not find an answer yet. I found in another post that only a certain range of VIN numbers are affected by the problem, I am not sure how recent this info is. My question is has anyone had their gas tank replaced under the special coverage warranty that did not have their VIN number in the range listed? My VIN is just outside of the VIN number range posted in here:

https://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost....&postcount=341
I have this same issue and my VIN number is out of the range they are willing to cover. The dealer said they will go 50/50 but I would like them to pay 100%. This is a safety issue that I believe they are aware of and should cover. How did you get them to cover 100%? Any contacts at GM I can call? Thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
white 4.2L I6 AWD
Bad tank bad gm

Hi Guy! I have the model LS, and the same problem. I love my truck, but GM is full of you know what!! They will not honor the problem...All I can say is stay away from matches...Ps of course they would make the recall on the most limited edition=ext.. The less they would have to repair...Good luck I'm going to court on this one..My dealer offered me free oil changes for 2 years. But i would have to pay $1400 for the repair..LMAO
Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 AM

2008 Olds TrailBlazer LT
Fire Red 5.3L V8 2WD
Gas tank leakage is not very common problem, neither it is safe. Talk to your dealer and ask for the replacement. Stay safe!
_________
CNG Tanks
Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Sandstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Trailblazer Gas Tank Leaking

I can tell you there are two issues which manifest themselves in regards to this problem:

1. Leaking ICV (Inlet Check Valve) where a leak can occur when the weld fails
2. The FPA (Fuel Pump Assembly) will leak at the connection from the intake line to the tank

Even without being in the "range" of the VIN, you should be able to get coverage from the "drop off" time of the vehicle. For example, my 2004 Trailblazer EXT was dropped off on July 7, 2005 and still was covered even though the VIN did not fall within the range of coverage.

Speak to the top authority at the dealership and they should still cover the leaking gas tank. It's sometimes just a matter of how you present the issue and how diplomatic you are with your explanation. The coverage is 10 years or 120,000 miles the last time I checked.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:02 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Just had my 04 trailblazer LT in the shop for this repair. I bought it 7/11/04, so I just made it within the time range and I currently have 97,000 miles on it so I was good there also. Dealership covered it 100%, was around $800.00 just in parts. They replaced the fuel pump module and 2 pipes at the top of the tank. I had been smelling fuel near my left rear door for about 5-6 months but have been under the vehicle several times and never saw any evidence of a leak. It also seemed to smell worse when driven in the rain for some reason. It finally started spraying out from the top of the tank and leaving a trail on the ground, but until this time I was unable to find a leak and it wouldn't smell all of the time. I even had just gotten it inspected for state safety and there was no evidence of a leak. It had also began to start very hard and crank longer than it usually does to start due to the fact it was getting air in the lines. Special order number 07076 worked for me. Was a good feeling to get something done at the dealership for FREE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in