Temperature Mirror Problem Solved! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Medium Red Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Temperature Mirror Problem Solved!

For all of you who are trying to get an answer to the ambient air sensor connections:

As a few other members have mentioned, the ambient air temperature sensor pins at the mirror are 6 and 7. The wires are light green with a black stripe, and brown. However, all you have to do here is trade out your mirror and you are done on the inside.

The wires that you need to connect your ambient air sensor to are mounted on the driver's side fender, right beside the fusebox under the hood. The connector has a purple colored plastic wire seperator on the outside. If you are standing beside the driver's fender looking at the fusebox, the connector is directly in front of you, closer than the fusebox, mounted on the inner fender. Now looking at the right side of the connector (the side facing the cab), you will notice the green/black stripe and brown wire at the top of the connector. Also notice, that on the left side of the connector, you will have 2 blank places. These two blanks are where your temperature sensor wires go. Pull the two rubber plugs out and you can temperarily test your sensor here until you get your wire routed. Preferably, you should call the dealership and order two connectors to crimp on your two wires so that they will stay properly and not back out of the connector. But here it is, I thought this would help many of us who are trying to complete this mod but do not know where to connect the sensor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2007 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Dude, you are awesome....I have had a mirror that's been reading OC for quite a few months now .....I can't wait to go and see if this is gonna work for mine

Thanks for posting this
Old 02-24-2007, 04:40 PM
International Chapter

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Just Silver ! 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by merenjay View Post
Dude, you are awesome....I have had a mirror that's been reading OC for quite a few months now .....I can't wait to go and see if this is gonna work for mine

Thanks for posting this
Tell me if it works Mere, we LS people have a LOT of moding to do might take some pics too right ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:47 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2007 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuAbdulAziz View Post
Tell me if it works Mere, we LS people have a LOT of moding to do might take some pics too right ?
LOL! Yeah, we want what we want right!?!? If I can find it, I will certainly take pix .....actually hubby is going to look now so I'll let you know in a couple of minutes.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:09 PM
International Chapter

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Just Silver ! 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by merenjay View Post
LOL! Yeah, we want what we want right!?!? If I can find it, I will certainly take pix .....actually hubby is going to look now so I'll let you know in a couple of minutes.
Ok, cuz i am going to bed in like a couple of min too 2:00Am here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:33 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2007 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuAbdulAziz View Post
Ok, cuz i am going to bed in like a couple of min too 2:00Am here
Don't know if you're still up but here's a pic....

Old 02-24-2007, 07:40 PM

Bingo!

That would be the correct two blank spots I'm referring to. I was a little worried not having any picture to post that the description would be a little fuzzy. I'm going to call my favorite dealership Monday and get the correct terminal that fits for that connector so it will be connected correctly. Besides, terminals are very cheap! Right now, I've just got my wires stripped back far enough to reach into the plug, until I can get two terminals.

I took the front grill off and pulled the left headlamp assembly out so that I could run the wires in the front lamp harness. I used wire loom from the sensor just down until it entered the main harness just beside the radiator. It looks completely factory because there is no wire whatsoever showing. The wire follows the main harness all the way up to where it must exit up near the connector. Yes, it was a major PAIN, you have to open the clips holding the harness in place, but it was worth it!

Anyway, If I can help anybody with your questions, just let me know!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:42 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
You should be able to get the terminals from say, Radio Shack or what not. I order all mine from mouser.com.

--Chris

In memory of PFC Dawn Tillman, County 138
Old 03-01-2007, 03:05 PM

2007 Buick Rainier
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
Has anyone had any luck getting the part number for the contacts to add to that 10 way connector? I spent my lunch hour at the dealership trying to pick up a pair of contacts but the only thing he could offer was a $50 2 way connector that had 2 of them already crimped to about 12" of wire.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:21 PM

I'm running into the same problems you're having. I DO know that they are a Metri-Pack type connector. From what I've been able to research about them, it IS possible to undo a connector (I'm referring to the pin socket, not the entire plug) that has previously been crimped. I guess it is possible, since the connector SHOULD be able to be spread apart with a small pick. Car-Quest has a pack of 5 Metri-Pack female connectors (part # TA715) that look like they will work. My problem is that I do not have any suitable cable seals that slide onto the wire prior to crimping. I may just go to the junkyard and find a TB and just cut out the connector and disassemble the plug with the pick. Metri-Pack sells a tool to disengage the terminals but a very small pick or precision screwdriver should do the trick. Once I get the connector open and reuse the cable seal, I should be able to recrimp. Let me know if you find out anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in