FINAL sway bar decision guide - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 AM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
As far as I know all bushings are split to go around your bar easily. If they weren't, you would just slice them and do it that way. Just buy the right diameter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 03:15 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I have over 90,000 mi on my 2003 TB and the swaybar end links were changed around 50,000 by the dealer and were getting poor! The back ones were never changed out till now with over 90,000 on them and they were making noise they were so loose! I ended up putting the Maxlinks all around and all I can say this was the best thing you can do for your TB don't wast your money on the other links! Go Maxlinks all around! Eddie!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 AM
No longer with us

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS Hybrid Edition
Light Tarnished Silver 4.2L I6 4X4

CLICK ON ME

Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTrailblazer View Post
I have over 90,000 mi on my 2003 TB and the swaybar end links were changed around 50,000 by the dealer and were getting poor! The back ones were never changed out till now with over 90,000 on them and they were making noise they were so loose! I ended up putting the Maxlinks all around and all I can say this was the best thing you can do for your TB don't wast your money on the other links! Go Maxlinks all around! Eddie!

Well I put on a full set of MAXX END LINKS just before I went on vac to NC and drove down and back and around the mountain roads must of put on about 1800 miles and the didn't beleave how different the TB drove!!!! A must do for anyone! Eddie!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I'm going to resurrect this thread. I have a 2002 LS and I have always hated the body roll! I am thinking about finally doing something about it! How hard are these installs? Is it a basic bolt on in the garage via sockets/impact wrench and a jack type deal?

I see some just do the bushings up front and bar and bushings out back. Guess I need to do some more research but if anyone has comments, thoughts, or links I'd like to see and hear them .
Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Well I put on a full set of MAXX END LINKS just before I went on vac to NC and drove down and back and around the mountain roads must of put on about 1800 miles and the didn't beleave how different the TB drove!!!! A must do for anyone! Eddie!
Update to all Max links I installed Hotchkis Performance 2272 Sport Sway Bar Rear. This plus the Max Links the TB has never road so good, but it is getting close to time to installing new shocks does anyone here have a better shock to use over the Billstines I have on now. Thanks Eddie!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Update to all Max links I installed Hotchkis Performance 2272 Sport Sway Bar Rear. This plus the Max Links the TB has never road so good.
Why only the rear sway? You did the links front and rear? Did you do the install, how was it?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:36 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Cool Hotchkis

I have the Hotchkis Kit - rear sway bar and bushings on order. $260.00 including shipping from Summit. Local mechanic with lift will install. Front bar is already oversize so no need to replace that. Soooo ready for it! Will update after the install.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:35 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Thumbs up Hotchkis is the way to go!

Hotchkis rear sway bar and MAXX links are installed. No more Grandma's Caddy! Rides rock solid, almost like my old Firebird. Wow!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:38 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Does the Hotchkis or Belltech give more ground clearence than the stock bar?

Does the Hotchkis or Belltech give more ground clearance than the stock bar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in