As many of you know, our articles have helped many members, and will continue to help many future members. We welcome articles from ANY MEMBER
who would like to take the time to put one together and submit it.
Here are the procedures for preparing and submitting an article:
- Write the article in Notepad and save it as a "txt" file.
- Be sure to use image place holders in the appropriate spots so we know where to insert pictures.
- Please label your steps. ex: Step 1)
- Be sure to note any article sources and credits at the bottom of your article.The Pictures
- Images should be 640x480, I can resize them, but I would prefer to have them sent to me ready to go
- Images should have all lowercase names and file extensions
- Please make sure that the images placeholder in the text matches the filename of the image that must be inserted.
- Your pictures will be watermarked before they are uploaded to the serverThe Format
1st: Small paragraph about the article. (Including any important notes)
2nd: List "Estimated Time"
3rd: List "Approximate Cost" in USD
4th: List "Tools Required"
5th: List "Parts & Supplies"
6th: Article text and images
The above format is generally used for technical "how to" articles. If you are submitting another type of article such a product review, then you can skip the ones that are not applicable.
Place all files (text doc and images) in a folder and "zip" it up. All articles submitted must be emailed to me.
In short, the less time I have to spend getting the article "prepped", the quicker it will be posted and available to our members and the viewing public.